Mission and Vision
UBC Association of UBC Professors Emeriti
Vision: UBC Emeriti flourish intellectually and socially, enjoy access to University benefits, resources, and services, and are supported in and valued for their scholarly and other contributions.
Mission: The Association aims to foster the relationship of emeritus Professors, Librarians, and Academic Administrators with each other and with UBC, and to promote the interests and welfare of its members.
- Encourage and sponsor intellectual and social interactions among members of the Association by providing programming (e.g., general meetings, lectures, workshops, tours, special-interest groups) concerning matters of common interest;
- Support the ongoing scholarly work of those members who are continuing to participate in scholarship;
- Ensure that Emeriti receive recognition, benefits, and consideration appropriate to their long associations with and contributions to the University;
- Maintain a close association between Emeriti and the University;
- Work with the University to utilize the intellectual and academic resources of Emeriti;
- Raise awareness of the past, present, and potential future contributions of Emeriti to UBC and our local and global communities; and
- Explore and implement additional ways to serve and engage Emeriti.
Updated: November 15, 2013